- Landfill Sites and Recycling -
May 1st to September 30th
Open 5 Days Per Week, Closed Mondays and Wednesdays
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays And Sundays, 8:00 a.m. To 11:30 a.m.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays And Sundays, 1:30 p.m. To 5:00 p.m.
October 1st to May 1st.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. To 11:30 a.m.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, 1:30 p.m. To 4:00 p.m.
Our new recycling compactors have been installed, our staff have received their orientation on operation and we have received the new programming information from the new collector, EMTERRA!
Household Recycling Collection Depot
- All household and office paper: newspaper, inserts, flyers, catalogues, magazines, telephone books, paper gift wrap, greeting cards.
- Paper bags with single & multiple paper layers, eg. Pet food bags.
- Corrugated cardboard and cardboard boxes.
- Hot and cold beverage cups.
- Shredded office paper must be placed in a clear, full-size plastic bag.
- All food, beverage and household plastic containers, plastic packaging, bottles, jugs, tubs, pails, clamshells, cold drink cups with numbered triangles: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7. BUT: Remove caps and lids. Containers must be empty. Please rinse/clean.
- Metal steel and aluminum cans, foil and trays from food and beverages. Containers must be empty. Please rinse/clean.
- TetraPak and gable top cartons, juice boxes, soup boxes, milk cartons. Containers must be empty. Please rinse/clean.
- Glass food and beverage containers. Containers must be empty. Please rinse/clean.
- Dirty, full, part-full or otherwise, containers.
- Plastic bags (except clear bags containing office shredded paper).
- Styrofoam packaging and trays.
- Non-paper gift wrap, eg. Foil gift wrap.
- Cardboard boxes with wax coating.
- Foil-lined boxes or bags.
- Paper towels, napkins or tissues.
- Used motor oil containers.
- Bioplastic or compostable plastic.
- Liquid absorbing pads, eg. In trays of meat, poultry, fish, etc.
- Plastic wrap and shrink wrap for meat, poultry, fish, cheese, etc.
- Plastic blister packs, eg. Plastic/paper for packaging batteries, toothbrushes, etc., or plastic/foil protective packaging for chewing gum, pills, etc.
- Ceramic plant pots.
- Plastics that are not containers, eg. Toys, laundry baskets, plastic cutlery, etc.
- Mirrors, window glass, broken glass.
The new collection bin system is different than in the past, the items must be deposited loose into the bins, NOT bagged as they were previously. Therefore, the Township will no longer be distributing the clear blue recycling bags.
Helpful hint: as cardboard boxes are recyclable, place all other loose recyclable items in the cardboard box and bring to the site. Leave immediately adjacent to the bin for attendant to deposit in the container.
Any acceptable containers should be rinsed before placement in the bin.
No food waste or regular household garbage is acceptable.
If you have any questions, please ask the Landfill Site Attendant.
Thank you for your patience during our time of transition (between contractors) and for supporting our local Recycling Programs!
Recycle Your Used & Unwanted Electronics Now!
We are now officially accepting electronic waste at the landfill sites! Please ask the attendants for directions where to place your items. Please ensure that you delete any data, if possible, from any electronic item(s) containing data storage. Absolutely no microwaves, air conditioners or smoke detectors. This program will divert waste and contribute to the longevity of our sites. Please recycle your electronic waste! Thank You.
- Computer Monitors
- Desktop Computers
- Portable Computers
- Computer Peripherals
- Printing, Coping & Multifunction Devices
- Telephone & Telephone Answering Machines
- Cellular Devices & Pagers
- Home Theatre in a box
- Aftermarket vehicle Electronics
- Video Players & Projectors
- Video Recorders & Cameras