Located on the shores of Lake of the Woods, the White Moose Golf Course is a one-of-a-kind 9-hole, par-35 golf course. It is one of the only golf courses where you can drive your boat right to the clubhouse. Just north of Sioux Narrows, the greens are incredibly well-maintained thanks to the management and staff that wish to ensure your experience is most enjoyable. Pro Shop, Clubhouse, on-site rentals and retail items available.
COVID-19 Operating Procedures are Currently In Effect – Commencing Saturday, May 30th, 2020.
The course opens at 9am and closes at 7pm daily starting May 30th, 2020, until further notice*.
How We’re Taking Care and Staying Safe
We are following COVID-19 health and safety regulations and precautions to ensure the safety of our customers and employees.
Our new health and safety measures include:
• Providing hand sanitizer in the clubhouse and encouraging customers to use it upon entrance.
• Cashiers wearing face masks while serving customers.
• Only one customer in the clubhouse at a time.
• Contactless payment methods only (credit and debit cards only accepted at this time. No cash.).
• Enhanced cleaning protocols.
• Practicing physical distancing at all times (2 meters).
• No gathering of groups on course property; grounds, parking area, etc.
• No early birds and no late play after 7pm.
• One person per cart (unless members of immediate household).
• All flag poles to remain in cups.
*This schedule and these measures are subject to change according to municipal, provincial, federal or public health guidelines, conditions, regulations, legislation, etc., and are under the purview of The Township of Sioux Narrows-Nestor Falls.
The health and safety of our customers and staff is our main priority.
Call 807-226-5319 during operating hours for more information.
General Course Rules & Regulations (Where applicable, the above noted COVID-19 Operating Procedures take precedence.)
White Moose Golf Course is located at 201 White Moose Road in Sioux Narrows, Ontario. Hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. until 2.5 hours prior to sundown.
1. Tee Time*
Tee Times are recommended but not required at all times (if the course is not busy).
*A “tee time” is a reservation at a golf course to begin your round of golf at a specified time. If your tee time is 10:07 a.m., then at 10:07 a.m. you (or someone within your group) should be hitting the first tee shot of your round (hence the term “the tee time is the time at which you tee off”). ALL TEE TIMES will consist of 1 to 4 players unless otherwise agreed on by the golf course manager.
All golfers must sign-in at the clubhouse before the round of golf begins.
2. Golf Cart Policy
a. White Moose Golf Course cart policy is “First Come First Serve” upon arrival at the golf course, weather permitting. Seniors (55+), Elders and persons with disabilities who require a cart may call to reserve;
b. It is the responsibility of the person/player that signed the golf cart agreement prior to play to return the cart immediately after their round in as good condition as they received it, excluding normal wear, or shall be required to pay for replacement and or damages at the value assessed by the Township of Sioux Narrows – Nestor Falls;
c. All persons MUST have a signed Cart Liability Waiver prior to use/play;
d. Golf cart drivers MUST be 16 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license; and,
e. Only 2 bags and 2 riders per cart.
3. Liability & Responsibility
The White Moose Golf Course and the Township of Sioux Narrows – Nestor Falls assumes no liability for any personal injury or damage(s) sustained by persons/golfers/visitors to the course, nor are we responsible for any/all personal property that is left, lost or damaged at the golf course.
4. Inclement Weather
Very rarely do we have unplayable conditions at the White Moose Golf Course during the golf season. If the Manager deems the course unplayable (ie. lightning) players will immediately cease their game and get off the course. Rain checks will be issued and honoured applicable to the current season.
5. Membership Refund Policy
At the discretion of the Council of Sioux Narrows – Nestor Falls, membership refunds may be granted as follows:
• Death of a member;
• Medical leave; or,
• Moving – transfer of employment.
All requests must be in writing and presented to Council for their consideration. Memberships are not available as a donation or grant from the Township.
All non-Golf Course organized tournaments will require:
• Minimum nine (9) day advance notification of the tournament date; and,
• Approval of the tournament by the Manager of White Moose Golf Course to avoid scheduling conflicts.
Twilight fees apply after 5:00 p.m. There is no restriction to the number of holes that you can golf during twilight. However, your last tee off must meet the 2.5 hours prior to sundown rule to ensure that you are off the course by dark.
Further, all tee times, including twilight, must consist of 1 to 4 players unless otherwise agreed upon by the golf course Manager.
8. Drugs & Alcohol
At no time are patrons permitted to bring or consume drugs or alcohol at the White Moose Golf Course property. This constitutes a violation of the Liquor License Act, S. 31(1)-(6). Any alcohol will be confiscated and disposed of and the patron will be asked to leave immediately, with no reimbursement.
9. Retraction of Membership
The Township of Sioux Narrows – Nestor Falls Council shall have the power, at their sole discretion, to suspend, restrict or revoke the membership of any person whose conduct on the White Moose Golf Course premises is considered improper, unbecoming or likely to endanger the welfare, interest or character of the club, or who willfully violates or fails to observe the By-Laws or Guiding Principles, Rules and Regulations as established by the Township of Sioux Narrows – Nestor Falls Council.
10. Review & Update
A volunteer committee will be established annually to review and update, as necessary, the operating rules and regulations of the White Moose Golf Course and will report to the Township of Sioux Narrows – Nestor Falls Council for final approval.
Policies & Etiquette
• Absolutely NO LITTERING anywhere on the premises. Anyone caught littering will be reprimanded. Garbage cans will be provided at every tee box. Repeat offenders will be evicted immediately.
• Respect wildlife.
• Please stay on the cart path or gravel, as much as you can, while driving power carts on the golf course.
• Only soft spiked golf shoes allowed; absolutely no cowboy boots allowed on the course.
• Please respect any/all rental equipment.
• ABSOLUTELY NO ATV’s or other motorized vehicles on the course. No exceptions.
• No cutting of any trees, flowers or shrubs.
• No dogs are permitted on the course, with the exception of service dogs.
• Please allow faster players through.
• Cutting is not permitted. The course must be played in proper sequence.
• As a courtesy to all golfers, divots need to be repaired immediately.
• Players violating the above rules, regulations, policies, etiquette, damaging the course, damaging the course equipment or disturbing other golfers will lose their playing privileges without refund.
• Any concerns, complaints or requests (golfers/staff/management) must be addressed in a letter to the Council of the Township of Sioux Narrows – Nestor Falls.
Call (807) 226-5319 for more information and current rates.